Joy CD: Imagination Journeys for Kids
, by Jacqueline Kukulj
Guided relaxation meditations for children (Spoken CD)
Running Time: 39:48 mins
NB: This item (as with all CDs) includes shipping!
This CD is especially designed for children. It contains three x 15-minute meditations involving magical journeys into forests, gardens and flying on clouds to other lands. This CD includes special sound effects, such as the unicorns' hoofbeats and the wind as they soar through the air on a cloud. Children find it much easier to focus and visualize as they travel with the sounds, deeper into their imaginations and deeper into relaxation. Fantastic for children who cant sleep!
- The Crystal Pool - Sit with the fairies in the crystal pool. Listen to the rainbow waterfall washing away all of your worries. (12:57 mins)
- Unicorns and Fairies - Ride on a cloud to the magical land of the unicorns and let them bathe you in light. (14:34 mins)
- The Magic Garden - Travel with the sounds of nature, deep into your own special garden, filled with happiness and magic. (12:11 mins)
Benefits of Meditation:
Feel good about who you are
Develop skills to deal with life's challenges
Improved focus and concentration
Improved memory and listening skills
A positive attitude
The opportunity to be still
Self-esteem and confidence
Appreciation and awareness of the world we live in
About Jacqueline Kukulj:
Jacqueline Kukulj was employed as a teacher in the Western Australian school system. Embarking upon her own journey of personal growth, she realized that in this fast-paced world, there was a real need for personal development for children.
Finding insufficient time to fill this need within the classroom, she left teaching and has been conducting her own workshops for children ever since. Having worked with children aged between 4 and 16, Jacqueline is now publishing the materials and stories from these workshops as tools to help children achieve more happiness and positive thinking, self-esteem and confidence, awareness, and focus.
Jacqueline has created a wonderful range of resources for children, including the Making Rainbows Positive Affirmation Cards
, Making Rainbows CD,
and the Making Rainbows Positive Affirmation Posters
. Her products are colourful, fun and easy to use ... and her gentle, calming voice is just perfect for guiding the visualisations. They have been developed by a parent and teacher, for parents and teachers, to use at home or in the classroom. Enjoy!
Notes for Teachers:
Guided meditations are a great tool for teachers in the classroom to create focus and stillness. To introduce these meditations in your classroom, here are a few suggestions:
- Listen to the meditations yourself beforehand.
- Discuss the term "inner eyes" to allow children to better understand and open their imaginations.
- Discover the best place for children to do these meditations - heads down on desks is easy and effective.
- Allow children time to discuss what they have experienced during meditation.
- Follow up artwork - draw/paint what they saw using their "inner eyes".
These meditations can be a great starting point for language and art activities or you could simply allow the children to enjoy the experience.
Publisher: Crystal Rainbow
ISBN -13: 9780977555727