Returns and Refund Policy
For your information, please see our Shipping Policy
and our Returns and Refunds Policy
, below. Please feel free to contact us
, should you have any queries at all. We'd love to hear from you!
We offer FREE registered shipping to anywhere in Australia for orders over AUD$175!
We primarily use Australia Post's Prepaid Satchels for posting items Australia-wide. For your convenience, we offer various postal options, including:
- Regular Parcel Post Plus (proof of lodgement at post office, fully trackable, delivery in 1-5 days),
- Express Post (express, fully trackable, delivery in 1-3 days),
- Express Post Platinum (proof of lodgement at post office, express, fully trackable, insured against loss or damage, delivery in 1-3 days), and
- Registered Post (proof of lodgement at post office, fully trackable, insured against loss or damage, delivery in 1-5 days).
If time is of the essence, we recommend using either Express Post or Express Post Platinum. Otherwise, we recommend using Registered Post, as this ensures that your parcel is fully trackable and insured against unforeseen loss or damage for only $4.00 extra.
All orders should be received between 1-7 business days from leaving Little Acorn Books - postage time will depend on your location and which postal service you select at checkout. You acknowledge that the delivery times provided by Little Acorn Books are estimates only. If we provide you with an estimated date for delivery, we will make all reasonable efforts to deliver by this time, but we emphasise that all dates specified are estimates only and are based on information received from Australia Post. We encourage you to order in a timely fashion to avoid delays caused by shipping and/or product availability. We also encourage you to select either Express Post
or Express Post Platinum
if you are concerned about a quick delivery, as these are both express services. We will not be held liable for late deliveries or any loss or damage resulting from late delivery.
Please note that it is your obligation to enter the correct delivery address details at the time of ordering. Should you enter the incorrect address, we are not obliged to re-send the order to the correct address. In the event that the parcel is returned to us (eg: marked 'Return to Sender' or 'Not known at this address'), we will notify you as soon as possible, and then re-send the parcel to the correct address. Please note that you will be responsible for the postage charges to re-ship the parcel.
It is the responsibility of the customer to inform Little Acorn Books if an order does not arrive. Once we learn an order has not arrived by the due date, we will lodge enquiries with Australia Post to ensure that delivery occurs as soon as possible. Please note that if an item has been lost in transit, we will not dispatch a replacement item immediately. Replacement items will be dispatched according to our discretion. All items purchased from Little Acorn Books are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to Australia Post. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage to items once they have been shipped. We encourage you to select Express Post Platinum
or Registered Post
, as both of these services are fully trackable and insured against loss or damage should the unforeseen occur.
Returns and Refund Policy
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase from Little Acorn Books! If you are not completely satisfied with an item that you've purchased, please feel free to return it to us - together with the original sales receipt - within twenty-one (21) days of the date of purchase for a full refund (excluding postage and packaging).
If you would prefer to exchange an item, rather than receive a refund, we are more than happy to arrange store credit for you equal to your original purchase price (again, excluding postage and packaging), which you can use at your leisure. It's as simple as that!
Please note that the cost of securely packaging and returning an item to Little Acorn Books is your responsibility. Further, please note the detailed guidelines, below.
Faulty or Incorrectly Shipped Items:
Please be assured that we carefully check each item before packaging. We then take great care to package items with tissue paper, bubblewrap and strong cardboard, to protect them in transit against rough handling or rainy weather. However, should you receive an item that is faulty, mis-bound, defective, not as described, or incorrectly shipped, please inform us within three (3) business days of receiving it, and then return the item to us - together with the original sales receipt - within twenty-one (21) days of the date of purchase. Should you need to return such an item, we will refund all reasonable return-freight costs, as well as the original purchase price (including postage and packaging).
Should you wish a replacement item, rather than a refund, we will gladly ship this to you (subject to availability) at our own expense.
Again, please note the detailed guidelines, below.
How long will it take to process your refund?
We will make every effort to process items returned to Little Acorn Books within three (3) business days of their receipt. Please note that your refund will be issued in the same format as the payment that we received (except for cheques, which will be returned as an Australia Post Money Order).
- Refunds sent via PayPal are usually instantaneous.
- Internet banking transfers usually clear over night.
- Australia Post Money Orders will be subject to Australia Post's delivery schedule to your area.
- Any credit to your credit card account may not appear on your credit card statement until a future billing cycle, depending upon your card issuer's procedures.
Please note the following guidelines:
- The original sales receipt must be returned with the item that you are returning.
- Returned items must be in new, unused and re-saleable condition, with all original packaging (as appropriate).
- CDs, DVDs and other items that are sealed or shrink-wrapped must be returned in their original, unopened, sealed/shrink-wrapped condition, if you are requesting a Change-of-Mind return. Opened CDs and DVDs will only be accepted for return if they are faulty.
- The cost of securely packaging and returning an item to Little Acorn Books is your responsibility (unless, as mentioned above, there was a manufacturing defect with the item, the item was not as described, or there was a shipping error on our part).
- It is highly recommended that any returns are sent via Registered Post, as Little Acorn Books will not be held responsible for items going astray in the mail.
- We will not accept returns or exchanges on items that were purchased on sale (unless there was a manufacturing defect with the item, the item was not as described, or there was a shipping error on our part).
- Please do not return parcels using C.O.D. We will not accept them.
What to do:
The instructions below are designed to help expedite the return of your item and your refund.
- Please contact us, to let us know that you wish to return an item, so that we know to keep an eye out for it in the mail.
- Write the reason for your return on the back of your original sales receipt (eg: Faulty Item; Item not as Described; Incorrectly Shipped Item; or Change of Mind), and put it in the package.
- Package the item with bubblewrap and strong cardboard, as it was originally packaged, to protect it in transit on its return to us.
Attn: Returns and Exchanges
Little Acorn Books
PO Box 2056
Chermside Centre QLD 4032
- Register your package and keep a copy of the tracking number. We cannot be held responsible for damage/loss by Australia Post.
Please feel free to call us on (07) 3172 0210 or 0400 153 844. Alternatively, you can contact us
via our contact form. We're more than happy to be of service!